Ngā Kete Wānanga o Ōtautahi supports Te Wiki o Te Reo Māori as a time for learning and using te reo Māori. Each day during Te Wiki o Te Reo Māori, we’ll be bringing you te kupu o te rā – the word of the day, complete with audio so you can hear the word said aloud and read in a sentence.
Today’s word: Toilets – Whare Iti
Where are the toilets?
Kei hea ngā whare iti?
Te reo Māori resources
- Māori Language Week — Te Wiki o Te Reo Māori homepage
- Te Reo Māori — our page of Māori language resources
- Our beginner’s kete – basic phrases and the Māori alphabet
- Māori language study books at your library
- Māori Language Week — Te Wiki o Te Reo Māori — a history of Te Wiki o Te Reo Māori from nzhistory.net.nz
- 100 Māori words every New Zealander should know — includes sound files, from nzhistory.net.nz