One of the known issues of the Sirsi web2 catalogue is that all your data is session based and will disappear or time out if you are not actively working with it.
When you are trying to get things done this is a frustrating nuisance. When this and other restrictions are removed, end users will be able to extract and interact with information in unexpected ways and forms.
Here are some of the tools that might help that happen:
- Yahoo Pipes and open.dapper.net for RSS creation and aggregation
- Google Feed Burner or Google App Engine for fetching and pushing information.
- Firefox plugins iMacros , Greasemonkey ,and Firebug for customizing daily interactions.
- DataToolBar for data formatting and Many Eyes for visualization.
- Methanol to find previously unsearchable information.
- Watir or Celerity and Nokogiri to automate repetitive tasks.