Happy New Year!
Farewell 2013, it was nice knowing you. Welcome 2014. Does anyone else feel like the years are racing by? In just 6 years it will be 2020.
These are some of the things that have happened in the last 7 years:
- 2006: Facebook was made available to the general public; Twitter was launched
- 2007: The first IPhone was released; the first Kindle was released
- 2008: The first Android phone was released
- 2010: The first IPad was released; Instragram was launched
- 2011: Google+ was launched; Pinterest was launched
I had to answer a question concerned with the rapid rate of change we live with recently that left me a bit staggered to be honest. I thought I’d ask the readers of this blog the same question to see what you think.
In 2020 you get talking to someone in a social situation and they ask you what you do, you tell them that you work at the library and they say that they haven’t been into a library for many years. You have two minutes to tell them about your library, what do you say…?
I think I’m settled on my answer, but I’m willing to be influenced – ideas please!