Kia ora. We explore what Christchurch City Libraries’ webpages and blog posts and social media postings were popular each month – so we can learn more about what our customers are interested in.
In February 2014, the average duration of a visit was 3 minutes 1 second and there were 473,942 page views.
Collective nouns for animal groups was our most popular page with our page on the Treaty of Waitangi making the top 10. Our new Treaty Zone for kids was at 69th spot.
February’s popular blog posts
- NCEA booklists Rachel (a 2010 post)
- Women scientists in New Zealand (a 2013 post)
- Stop the clocks – 12.51pm 22 February 2011
Photos on Flickr
There were 131,237 views in February. We are at 2,401,315 page views.
Top on Twitter
We have 2870 followers. The most popular tweets:
- Libraries – harder than you think. Stoked to be included in library vid by allround superhero @DrMattFinch ^DR
- Interesting photo assignment from @PressNewsroom for those who’ve taken photos around Christchurch. #chch ^DR
- A bouquet of cycling photos for you awesome Ōtautahi cyclists
- #chch #gobybikeday #cyclists ^DR
- Remembering 22 February 2011: Arohanui Christchurch. We are thinking today of our Christchurch crew near and far. Our love goes out to those we lost, and those who mourn.
- Edgeware panels
- A brilliant photo essay in The Wireless NZ stars two of our own librarians.
We have 3590 likes.