Kia ora. We explore what Christchurch City Libraries’ webpages and blog posts and social media postings were popular each month – so we can learn more about what our customers are interested in.
Our ever popular page on collective nouns for animals got 13,432 page views. Overall, there were nearly half a million page views this month: 495,724.
August’s popular blog posts
- Walk, bike, or skate through the Lyttelton Road Tunnel – Sunday 31 August 2014
- We need new names: WORD Christchurch Writers and Readers Festival Roberta
- An Unreal House Filled with Real Storms – WORD Christchurch Alina
- The wandering mind: WORD Christchurch Writers and Readers Festival Roberta
- A novel relationship: WORD Christchurch Roberta
Photos on Flickr
It was busier than average in August, with 172,280 views. Our busiest day was 30 August when we got 12587 views. The main drawcard was photos hot off the press from the WORD Christchurch Writers and Readers Festival. Flickr is at 3,102,092 pageviews.
Top on Twitter
We have 3129 followers. The most popular tweets:
— ChChCityLibraries (@ChristchurchLib) August 11, 2014
— ChChCityLibraries (@ChristchurchLib) August 13, 2014
— ChChCityLibraries (@ChristchurchLib) August 20, 2014
This month Twitter brought out a new analytics tool. It will give us more fine-grained knowledge of engagement. In this graphic, you can see that livetweeting at the WORD Christchurch Writers and Festival pushed up our impressions (how many times the tweets has been viewed).
Find out more: New Tweet activity dashboard offers richer analytics
We have 3882 likes.