Kia ora. Here’s our summary of the webpages, blog and social media posts that were popular in October.
There were 368,704 page views in October. The most popular pages on christchurchcitylibraries.com:
- Tūranga (NEW)
- About PressReader (formerly PressDisplay) (1st last month)
- My account (2nd last month)
- Justices of the Peace (4th last month)
- Tūranga location page (NEW)
- 22 February 2011 Canterbury earthquake for kids (3rd last month)
- School holidays! Holiday programmes, events, and activities – October 2018 (7th last month)
- Fun for kids (9th last month)
- Christchurch Photo Hunt (NEW)
- Books browse page (10th last month)
Join the Library was in at number 12, and more of our Tūranga pages were in the top 50.
October’s popular blog posts
Popular blog posts published in October on the website:
- Diego and Frida: A Smile in the Middle of the Way – exhibition and events
- What’s on at Tūranga
- From Canterbury Public Library to Tūranga
- Things to see and do around Tūranga Alicia
- Big Library Read – The Girl with the Red Balloon Simone
Not published in October, but attracting views was The old homestead at Stonyhurst a Picturing Canterbury post by Simon (published March 2018).
Photos on Flickr
There were 267,397 page views in October on Flickr. It now has a total of 8,560,680 views.
Top on Twitter
Follow us on Twitter. As at 5 November, we have 5017 followers.
Tūranga is open – and people are exploring their new central library. Opening pics: https://www.flickr.com/photos/christchurchcitylibraries/sets/72157672234197707
Great photos of Tūranga in action by @ChristchurchCC https://www.ccc.govt.nz/news-and-events/newsline/show/3058 ^DR
Thank you Christchurch people. Tūranga is for you.
Cool fact that Kim learned at the Cook’s cook book launch last night: Gavin Bishop was the first author to have a book launch at the old central library and the first at our new one, Tūranga… 36 years apart. https://my.christchurchcitylibraries.com/blogs/post/gavin-bishop-cooks-cook-book-launch/ ^MT
Like us on Facebook. As at 5 November, we have 8841 likes.
Mōrena. The day has finally arrived and we hope you’re as excited as we are for the Tūranga Grand Opening! Watch the official opening ceremony online from 12 noon today https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aivupywQ9cc
Doors open to the public for tours at 1pm.
More about Tūranga: https://my.christchurchcitylibraries.com/turanga/
Tūranga is open! Thank you to all the Christchurchians who have come in today. Here are some photos from opening day, including Marlene who was the first customer in. https://www.flickr.com/…/christchurc…/sets/72157672234197707
Find out more about what’s happening at Tūranga. https://my.christchurchcitylibraries.com/turanga/ ^Donna
Day One of Tūranga – check out this time lapse of Tūranga from Schmidt Hammer Lassen Architects – you might spot yourself if you were there … ^Donna
If you are interested in how we derive our rankings, we measure page views on our website, organic reach for Facebook posts, and impressions for tweets.