Kia ora. Here’s our summary of the webpages, blog and social media posts that were popular in April.
There were 299,776 page views in April. The most popular pages on christchurchcitylibraries.com:
- My account (1st last month)
- Holiday programmes, events, and activities (NEW)
- About PressReader (formerly PressDisplay) (3rd last month)
- Hornby Library (6th last month)
- Kids browse page (7th last month)
- Canterbury earthquake 2011 for kids (5th last month)
- Learning Centres (3rd last month)
- Library and Learning Centre Holiday programmes (NEW)
- Books browse page (9th last month)
- Justices of the Peace (13th last month)
Also in the top pages: Anzac Day information
April’s popular blog posts
Popular blog posts published in April on the website:
- Anzac Day in Christchurch Karen
- The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society competition Moata
- What would you like to learn and do in Tūranga (New Central Library)? Have your say!
- Big Library Read Simone
- Record Store Day Fiona
Photos on Flickr
There were 104.202 page views in April on Flickr. It now has a total of 7,470,826 views.
Top on Twitter
Follow us on Twitter.
We are v. jazzed that @arobertwebb – aka Jez out of Peep Show – is coming to Christchurch Tues 15 May (thanks @WORDChCh & @AklWritersFest). We have his brilliant book How not to be a boy (& some of his Mitchell & Webb gems). Book your tickets STAT! ^DR
Amazing new aerial photos of Christchurch from @ChristchurchCC – this one shows ghost roads in the residential red zone. ^DR
Tomorrow is Record Store Day, Sat 21 April – we’ve got a list of what’s on in Christchurch, NZ. For an Aotearoa-wide angle, read @dubdotdoh And @publicaddress #RSD2018 #RSD18 #RecordStoreDay ^DR
Like us on Facebook.
New jobs at Tūranga (New Central Library):
Librarian – Children (Part-Time position)
Librarian – Pasifika (Full Time & Part-Time position)
Librarian – Youth (Part-Time position)
Applications close next Sunday 22 April, 11.55pm.
Lisa used to work here at Christchurch City Libraries, and she is in the new season of Survivor New Zealand. SO EXCITING! What’s the connection between librarians and Survivor? “I think the connection is the nerdish-ness. A lot of nerds like Survivor, and a lot of nerds go super deep on really liking Survivor … I think the librarian stereotype and the survivor superfan stereotype have a lot of venn diagram overlap.” Best of luck, Lisa! ^Donna
Latest photos from on site at Tūranga (new central library) with the exterior shaped “veils” now going up on the building. Also, it looks like some of the Southbase Construction folk must be Crusaders fans.
See more construction site photos on Flickr ^Moata
If you are interested in how we derive our rankings, we measure page views on our website, organic reach for Facebook posts, and impressions for tweets.